Clubs & Student Involvement Assistant
This position directly reports to the VP Student Affairs and serves as a support for clubs management, as well as facilitating programming in order to engage students on a broader scale. An expected breakdown of responsibilities and the time commitments are as follows:
Clubs Administration (approximately 10% of the time)
- Receiving and cataloguing club ratification forms
- Validating hours submitted to the MyExperience Transcript
Clubs Resources (approximately 30% of the time)
- Assisting the development of a virtual Clubs Week
- Researching and securing relevant training for clubs, especially in the area of equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Researching and creating documents as needed in order to update the Clubs Handbook
- Student Engagement (approximately 60% of the time)
- Hosting online programming that is creative, accessible, and is inclusive of our diverse campus community
- Collaborating with other organizations on and off-campus to co-host programming
- Assisting with in-person engagement when campus reopens, such as through tabling and event planning for raditional in-person activities (i.e. Cabarets, Dirty Bingo) The commitment will be 20 hours a month, but it is expected to vary throughout the year with the busiest times being September and January.
The applicant must be a full-time or part-time student at the University of Lethbridge. The candidate has a good relationship with the Students’ Union (SU) and various clubs on campus. The candidate is expected to have knowledge of club policies, event management, and SU activities. The candidate must be creative, passionate about engaging with students, and confident with seeking collaborations. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in the area of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
$300/month for a 20 hour a month commitment. The position will run from July 13, 2020 to April 30, 2021.
Application Process and Deadline
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to Richard Lee-Thai through email (email@example.com). The deadline for applications is Sunday, July 5, 2020 at 11:59 PM (MDT).