2019 Constitution Referendum
The Students' Union's Legislative Review Committee has reviewed our constitution and proposed relevant amendments in order to be a more efficient and effective organization for the betterment of all members of the Students' Union. All amendments or additions to the ULSU Constitution must be made by referendum.QUESTON
"Do you approve of the amendments to the Constitution of the University
of Lethbridge Students' Union as proposed in this referendum?"
YES votes: 1163
NO votes: 168
2015 Constitution ReferendumThe changes result in no fee increases to the organization and are just housekeeping changes to give the ULSU strong standing on the University's highest committee, the Board of Governors.
"Do you approve of amending the Constitution of the University of Lethbridge Students Union (ULSU) as proposed by the ULSU General Assembly with the changes coming into effect on May 1, 2015?"
Summary of Changes
- Addition of a First Year Representative
- Re-assign the Board of Governors Representative position from the General Assembly to be placed under the Executives responsibility
- Tie breaking vote on all internal committees and elections is placed with the President unless a conflict of interest exists.
2013 Constitution Referendum
Yes: 700 (88.83%) - No: 88 (11.17%)
Voter Turnout: 11.15%
“Do you approve of amending the Constitution of the University of Lethbridge Students Union as proposed by the ULSU General Assembly with the changes coming into effect on May 1, 2013?”
Details of the Referendum
Any changes to the ULSU Constitution are required to be approved by referendum. Changes to the referendum were proposed by the General Assembly in December 2012 for which a vote was held from January 30 to February 1, 2013. Any ULSU referendum requires to have a voter turnout of at least 10% to be valid.
The following is a list of the proposed changes which were approved by the referendum:
- Adding a definition of the VP External
- Changing the name of the VP Internal Affairs to VP Student AffairsUpdating the amendatory process for simplicity and transparency.
- Right now, there are two ways to amend the bylaws, so we are cleaning it up so there is only one way.
- Changing quorum to update for a new 5 member Executive Council. If the referendum passes then we can include the new position for the General Election.
- Changing the conflict of interest so you are not in conflict of interest if you are ratifying a club.
- As a result of this vote, the upcoming General Election for the 2013-14 Student Union Executive Council will include the newly restructured 5 Member Executive Council.
2010 Constitution Referendum
Date of the On-line Constitution Referendum
March 2, 2010 at 8:30 am to March 4, 2010 at 3:00 pm.
YES VOTES: 816
NO VOTES: 372
Do you approve of replacing the current Constitution of "the Students’ Union, the University of Lethbridge", with the Constitution of "the Students’ Union, the University of Lethbridge", as follows:
1994 Constitution Referendum
February 18, 1994 Referendum.
Total Number of Voters - 1883 - 43%
Question - ULSU Constitution
"Do you agree to the proposed amendments to the Students' Union Constitution?"
YES Votes - 1372
NO Votes - 450