Health & Dental Plan
Health & Dental plan benefits apply and students can access the services across Canada. You may contact Shelley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-329-2039 with any questions or concerns. In person office hours are Wednesday's at 11am to 3pm.
Benefit Card: You may download your card HERE.
For Detailed Information and to make a Claim Visit Student VIP
All full-time students at the University of Lethbridge are automatically enrolled in the ULSU Health and Dental Plans.
Fall Semester Opt-Out
Fall Semester Opt-out DEADLINE is Friday, September 23, 2022. Online Opt-out opens on July 23, 2022.
- All full-time students (3 or more classes) are automatically registered on the ULSU health and dental benefits.
- If you have alternate insurance benefits you may OPT-OUT of the ULSU plans.
- Returning students who want to opt-out will need to do so each year.
- Simply log into your bridge account HERE and complete the online opt out form.
Full-time Student Health & Dental Plan Fees
Semester Fees: Health benefits cost $233.63 and dental benefits cost $138.59 for coverage September until August 31st.
Part-time Students and Family Add-ons
Part-time students are not automatically registered on the ULSU plans but may add onto the benefit plans. To add onto the benefits students must submit an add on form and make payment at the Students' Union Office.
Students with dependents may add family members onto the benefit plans, the deadline to add on is September 23rd. Benefits run from September 1st to August 31st. Family add on forms and payment are accepted at the Students' Union Office, SU180.
Family Add-ons - Fall/September Semester (12 months)
Health Plan: One dependent: $467.26. Each additional dependent $100.00
Dental Plan: One dependent: $277.18. Each additional dependent $100.00
- Direct2U Pharmacies is an accredited prescription service that will deliver your prescriptions to you via FedEx for next day delivery. It is simple, easy, safe, and can save you money.
- Prescriptions can be sent to your home address or to the ULSU Health & Dental Plan Administrator's office in the Students' Union and you can pick them up there.
- Students on the ULSU plan using Direct2U Pharmacy will have generic prescriptions covered to 80% and brand name prescriptions covered to 60%
- Students on the ULSU plan who use other pharmacies will have generic prescriptions will have all prescriptions covered at 50%
The ULSU Health plan has out-of-country/province emergency travel benefits. Students will be covered for up to $2,000,000 per incident.
For more information contact our Health & Dental Administrator Shelley Tuff at (403) 329-2039 or email at email@example.com.